Monday 2 January 2012

First update of the New Year!

So I have one more Christmas gift to show you all, and then I swear that's it. I couldn't finish this in time to send to my brother with his birthday gifts, and the next chance I have to send it out (read: I live in Ontario and post here is super slow, so when I have to send things to my brother in the U.S., I make my dad send it when he goes to Buffalo for stuff) isn't until the 4th.

So, here is the finished product! A penguin hat! But not just any penguin hat... A hat that makes it look like there is a baby penguin draped over your head! Like a floppy baby penguin! A baby penguin pancake! AH, THE CUTENESS!!
Penguin hat
I wore it out today so I could see if it's actually warm (it is) and to take some pictures out in what was left of the sun. So that is me cowering behind my hands in the photos...
Penguin hat
I gave him little feet hanging off the back to add to the look of a penguin just flopped over your head.
Crochet penguin hat

I feel like I've gotten a good handle on crocheting hats. I just hope my brother likes it!

I said something in an earlier post about something chicken-themed and pudding-inspired, but then forgot to ever actually post about it.... haha! So here it is, pudding-shaped chicken amigurumi! Obviously!
Pudding-shaped Chicken

Check out more photos of this little experiment dude in our flickr photostream!

That is all for now. I hope you all are having a great start to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment