Sunday, 29 January 2012


Hi folks!

I know I've missed the last few updates. Sorry about that. Hopefully this makes up for it? For the past while I've been working on a Creeper. The pattern comes from Nerdigurumi, you can find it here. It took me a while to get the hang of, since the square parts are actually crocheted in the round. The corners are done by single, double, then single crocheting again all in the same stitch.


Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. If I did it again, I might find a way to make the body a bit less chubby and more rectangular. Maybe just doing a seam up the sides in the corner would do the trick. I might try that next time.


I tend to have a problem putting heads on straight for some reason. I think Nekoyumi is under the impression that is has something to do with the little "corner" that gets left over when your row is done. Lately, I've ended my rows with a slip stitch to prevent that, but I don't think it's working. Maybe I just need to be more careful.

I plan on starting a squid soon. I've got a vague pattern laid out, I suppose. I know the shapes I need to make, but I need to trial-and-error it until it works. I'm a bit excited-nervous, since this will be the first thing I do completely without a pattern to go by. Other times I usually base things off of a pattern. We'll see how it goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment