Tuesday 18 September 2012

Work In Progress - SNAIL

Hello!

I'm working on a snail. B showed me how to make spirals from this pattern of Twinkie-chan's. I didn't do it quite like how Twinkie-chan does it, however that's where I got the spiral idea. It's very much a work in progress, but I'm very overdue for an update. So!



This is the shell of my snail.  I am really pleased with it, but the whole two colours, each with their own loop thing to crochet with took a bit to get the hang of.


This slightly blurry photo shows the spiral better. The light colour is Waverly's "Antique," it's a sort of dusty rose colour that I really love but have never had the occasion to use. The dark brown is, I believe, another Bernat yarn. The sleeve came off of it ages ago, however, so I have no idea. Bernat makes yarn that I really enjoy working with, but it can be a bit expensive.


This is the colour that I'll be doing the body in. It's Vanna's Choice in Beige. I really like working with Vanna's Choice, even though it makes me feel a bit strange using a yarn endorsed by Vanna White. It's nice and thick, and the colours are really nice.


Here are my three colours together. Aren't they pretty?

I'll be sure to post photos as soon as the snail's done. Hold tight, my adoring public.

-K.



No comments:

Post a Comment