Saturday 16 June 2012

SQUID! - My first pattern-free creation.


Hi folks!

I know it's been a while. I don't really have an excuse. I have, however, spent the last little while working on a gift for a friend of mine. She's having a baby, so I wanted to crochet it something cute. Her baby shower was last Saturday, so I gave her the squid I made.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I may have attached the tentacles a bit irregularly, but I think it looks good. I also think that I under-stuffed the body. I guess the stuffing won't show through the yarn now. My friend really enjoyed it, as did the strangers at the baby shower. Someone approached me about making a cuttlefish. I'll be starting that after I finish my current one, a green bear. Expect photos.

<3K.

No comments:

Post a Comment